Saturday, April 24, 2010

Life in Fife

I've been meaning to write a blog for years and years. I've had dozens of blogs over the years but I never do anything with them. That is going to stop, today.

My name is B and I recently (in September of 2009) moved from Illinois to Scotland to be with my Scottish husband. We've been together for over 3 years and got married last August after I graduated Uni with a degree in Social Work. I currently work in an ice cream shop as I wait for enough time to pass so that I can pay home fees to do a Masters in Social Work.

I love Scotland. I really do. Although I still struggle with people taking the piss. I think I'll always struggle with that though.

I've also started making some friends, finally! I have a Thursday night knitting group and a few other friends I see (although most of my friends are immigrants, too, funny huh?). I also am becoming very close to the husband's family. On his Mum's side he has 3 great uncles, 3 great aunts (by marriage), a great-grandmother, a grandmother, a grandfather, and dozens of cousins. I really enjoy learning how to cook Iranian food and listening to stories about driving from the UK to Iran with a Persian rug in the back seat! It's hilarious.

Okay, I think that's an okay intro post for now. We'll see how long I keep this up!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you work in an icecream shop in Scotland - is it ever warm enough? :)

    Can't wait to read more!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is warm enough! Luckily I'm not on the Atlantic so it's not very rainy! x

    ReplyDelete